There is a great app you can use to find legal parking spots in Toronto so you can avoid getting parking tickets! The app is called “Green P” and it allows you to purchase 15 or 30 minute parking all around Toronto for the average price of 25 to 50 cents (which is enough time to complete a dropoff).
Did you know that we pay 50 cents extra per downtown Toronto condo drop offs? This fully covers your 15-30 minute parking and more!
Below are the steps on how to use the "Green P" app!
1. Download the Green P Parking Mobile app:
- Apple: https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/greenp/id429679356
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.passportparking.mobile.toronto&hl=en
2. Press "Get Started" then "Accept" and follow the prompts to get set up
3. Allow Green P to use your location while using the app
4. Add a payment method by pressing the three horizontal lines in the top left of the screen —> "Payment Card" option —> "View Credit Cards" option —> "Add Card" option
5. When paying for parking enter the location ID which can be found on the parking signs (example. "000")
- If the location ID page is not the default when you open the app you can access it by pressing the three horizontal lines in the top left of the screen —> "New Session" option
If it's your first time using the app:
6a. Press "Add Vehicle" —> enter your vehicle's licence plate number —> enter your vehicles nickname (example. Honda CRV 2007)
If it's not your first time using the app:
6b. Select which vehicle you would like to park
7. Press "Choose Duration" and put 15 minutes unless 30 minutes is the minimum
8. You may be prompted to fund your account with a minimum of $20.00
We hope that this helps you feel more comfortable parking in downtown Toronto.